Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Geno Delafose's white box

that seems like an odd key....pretty low...did he do any recording with it and what tunes? I did learn a tune he does in Ab which is nice to sing in that he does on a FBbEb on the inside rows.

Re: Re: Geno Delafose's white box

Actually it was somebody else who told me it was A-flat. I don't know for sure. I do remember a picture of him playing it, though.

"that;s what i'm talking about"

geno's "that;s what i'm talking about"
cd has several tunes in e flat and a flat

done on that white box
which was very wet tuned as well

wle.

Geno Delafose's white box - I played it!

It must have been 6 years ago, and Geno was in town. I had helped him get a well paying gig at a huge conference in San Diego (10,000+ people), and the next day he played the local dance in LA. He saw me in the crowd and invited me to sit in and that Ab box was the one he handed me to use. It was very wet tuned. And either Geno has huge thumbs or he likes the thumb strap very loose, because my thumb (which is far from small) was flopping around so much it was a little hard to play. It was fun though!

-David

Re: Geno Delafose's white box - I played it!

Talking about the key of Ab I had the pleasure of picking up Corey Ledet and Gerard Delafose (his drummer for the gig)at the airport last week for a gig here in NJ and had some time to speak with him. That cool yellow single row he plays is in Ab. He invited Michelle Kaminski of Magnolia up to do some tunes and I asked her how it was to play in such a key with her tuned down fiddle. She said it was interesting. It sure sounded great. And speaking of cool accordions, how about his pink 9 button! Now that is one neat box.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!