Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Belgium

Hi Sarah, did you contact Yves from the big bayou bandits ?

I think he`s the only one from Belgium here.
If i`m not mistaken he also arranged a gig for the lost bayou ramblers in november.

If you play in Belgium i`ll try to be there.

Wilfred

Re: Re: Belgium

Les Belges sont en france
Lots of them are attending the Genetines trad. dance festival.
Last year Savoy family band played on a festival in the south of Belgium. I don't know if the festival is in the beginning of July or later. Maybe you can play there next year? There is a festival in Holland called Folkwoods (around 11th of August). They should book a cajun band! Contact them. Maybe some bands fell apart already

See you in Saulieu? I already booked my camping, there.

Gus

Re: Re: Re: Belgium

I forgot to copy the ´l´ of nl in the link. Now it´s better )see link #1.

Gus

Re: Re: Re: Re: Belgium

Looks cool, Gus! I'll send them a promopak early next year and see what happens. Thanks for the link! We'd LOVE to play Holland. I've only been to the airport there. :(

Unfortunately, my plans have changed and I won't make it for Saulieu. Sad! I so wanted to see my baby brother! But it was too late to book my own band anywhere and I'd rather not just sit in with File Tes Bongos, although they are all great friends and that would have been fun. I don't know. Something about wanting to promote my own stuff for my first time there, I guess. And now the family I work for is going on vacation, so that's the only reason I'm going to have 11 days in France in August JUST AFTER SAULIEU. Sad.

Great, Wilfred! It would be lovely to meet you. I did e-mail Yves, but he's kinda missing in action right now.

I emailed him a month or so back and haven't heard back either.

Maybe he's on vacation.
His first gig with his band is at 12 august.
Link 2 is his cajun site and link 3 goes to his band.
two weeks ago he contact me about the Lost Bayou Ramblers.

Re: Belgium

I know a physical therapist that works at Our Lady of Lourdes in Laffayette. She's from Belgium and still has lots of family there. Email me if you need her email address.

Thanks, Billy, but I'm not sure that would help. I finally did hear back from Yves, although nothing about contacts, and I have another friend in Belgium who says he's "finally using this assortment of business cards for something", so we'll see what happens. :) It's sweet of you to offer, though! Oh, but if she thinks her family might like to see some Cajun music, pass my e-mail address along to her and have them e-mail me for any dates we might actually set up.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!