Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2007 CFMA "Le Cajun" Nominees

A few weeks ago, someone asked for the list of nominees for this year's "Le Cajun" Awards. I've posted an article and link to more information on the Cajun Sqeezebox blog (Link #1).

Enjoy!

Re: 2007 CFMA "Le Cajun" Nominees

Nice looking site.

I didn't see my name, nor the category "Most likely to improve, eventually."

Re: Re: 2007 CFMA "Le Cajun" Nominees

That category got replaced with "Long way to Go."

And, just so you know, I'm a lock to win that one.

Re: Re: Re: 2007 CFMA "Le Cajun" Nominees

Hey! After less than two months, I can play five songs now. I bounce, play in octaves and other stuff too!!! Is that good enough? Maybe I can get a blue ribbon for effort or a string of Mardi Gras beads to hang around my neck. I'm probably not eligible until I own a real LA box, though.

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2007 CFMA "Le Cajun" Nominees

that catagory will be replaced by: Don't give up your day job.

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2007 CFMA "Le Cajun" Nominees

We've nominated you for a home visit from Guido. He will ask to see your fingers. Don't be afraid. It won't hurt after a long while.

Re: 2007 CFMA "Le Cajun" Nominees

the pine leaf boys should cleanup at the cajun grammy's. Cedric Watson is one hell of a fiddler and singer. go to pineleafboys.com and click on the liberty theater in the live footage category. Cedric is singing LA BELLE JOSETTE I think it is. great singer and fiddler.

Re: Re: 2007 CFMA "Le Cajun" Nominees

I love "La Belle Josette." It's one of my favorite PLB songs.

Re: Re: Re: 2007 CFMA "Le Cajun" Nominees

That great song was first called "Madame Gallien" was recorded by Alan Lomax in 1934 in Kaplan, sung by Lanese Vincent and Sidney Richard. I think The PLB's version owes something to the Beausoliel version in the 80's which turned me on to the song.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!