Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
114 Hohner Stops slide closed

I have a '60's Hohner 114 and I have two stops that don't stay in place and shut down on their own. The thing is all glued together and their is no adjustment. Anyone have a fix for this.

I did however notice that it had mitered corners.

Thanks in advance, Jerry

Re: 114 Hohner Stops slide closed

Dont know if it's the best way, but I glued some shims under the slides inside the box to add more friction. Very common problem apparently.

My HA 114 was made in 1990, so I don't know how the design compares to yours. I did have the same problem and I fixed it very easily. I cut some thin strips from a plastic milk jug and slid them into place. It worked perfectly and has held up for over 15 years.

-David

Re: Re: 114 Hohner Stops slide closed

Two words:

Rubber Band

Re: Two words

Cory hit the nail on the head!
And if you can find those small "dental" rubber bands, so much the better.
(steal 'em from your kid brother's braces! )

rubber bands OK for a quick fix...

The rubber band idea is OK for a quick fix, but I wouldn't just leave it at that for the long haul. That would be, as we say in the software business, a hack.

-David

Re: rubber bands OK for a quick fix...

Yeah, david's right, you might have to change the rubber band once a year and that would probably be a major imposition...

Jerry

I cut some discs from a wine bottle cork fifteen years ago and they're still in place and working well.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!