Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Acadian for sale ( maybe )

hello sarah, welcome to the madness, lol Thank goodness for the good ole ACADIAN

I bought a D Acadian once... opened it up and was shocked to see " Re " written in Italian calligraphy inside. This Acadian, was much different than any I'd played or owned. I can't say it was Italian, and wouldn't support unproven claims of Italian Acadians..but I must admit the writing inside did come as a shock.

On a separate note: if you buy reedblocks for triple rows from Hohner, you'll see some pretty strange, non-native English calligraphy on the boxes indicating tone and serial numbers. My Chinese students write just like what I see on the boxes. The German calligraphy on the inspection tags is completely different.

CSI Italy . G:)))

. . . wanted to add, that I did not claim that Marc farmed out Acadians to Italy. I do know it has been a widespread rumour ( urban myth?? ) for many years now.

. . . I don't think it really matters. What would matter is if some Euro builder were cloning Acadians. If Marc did a deal with some builder, then, he must have known what he was doing.

G.( proud owner of two Acadians..: )))

proud collector/owner of two MARC SAVOY ACADIANS, ( one ten button, one nine button (lil red), one nine button BON CAJUN & one POINTE NOIR courtesy of larry( merci beaucoup mr. english )

Re: Re: Acadian for sale ( maybe )

Albert,

I particularly like the red Acadian 9 buttons, very pretty.

Looks like an oldie.

Claude.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!