Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
114 in Bb

Does Hohner make a 114 1n Bb. I would love to try a Bb accordion. I have an Acadian in C, and a Hohner 114 in C. Is anyone interested in trading selling an equivelent Bb accordion for my Hohner 114 C . Jerry

Re: 114 in Bb

AS far as I know, only C and D for the 114

Re: Re: 114 in Bb

Why an HA 114? Why don't you get yourself a Gabbanelli Cajun King in Bb? You'd have as close to an LA handmade at half the price (around $700). It's a good compromise if you already have two good quality LA made in most prominent keys.
Maz

Re: Re: Re: 114 in Bb

I can second that. Why a 114? The Cajun King is only a little bit more? ...maybe he likes the lighter weight of the Hohner.

Re: Re: Re: Re: 114 in Bb

Being an accordion junky I was trying to come up with a low cost solution to get a Bb, even up or close to it.. I have a Hohner 3 row in Bb that I am about to sell because the MM set up sounds so thin, so figured they would make a single row in that key also. Actually, I don't care for the weight of the Hohner and much prefer the solid feel of the LA box.

I am saving my pennies now for a good LMMM, PA, tuned for Zydeco, and don't want to jeopardize my marital status with too many boxes showing up all at once. When you start hiding accordions from your wife you have a problem.(Don't tell me there isn't some of that going on out there.)

I am curious, when they tune LA boxes do they remove the reed banks from the body?

Thanks for the tips on keeping the stops in place. I went for the rubber band solution for now and the next time I take it apart will try the milk jug solution. I was happy that duct tape wasn't suggested . Best wishes to all, Jerry

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 114 in Bb

Jerry..

I have a Professional model Philharmonic 4 reed Piano Accordionamplified..Same model Buckwheat Zydeco used on his first LPs.. it is in Texas at the moment.

Will sell offline or will be eBaying it.

I would consider the Hohner triple row for trade in.

contact me at e-mail address above.

I certainly understand the marital status factor. That is the chief reason I don't already have two or three LA boxes. Give me time, though.

The reed blocks are not removed from the La. made boxes for tuning. They are glued in before the reeds are mounted then the reeds are tuned.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!