Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I got my three-row Panther...

Try this,

You can clearly see "Boozoo" chording and crossing over the rows, with one of his "signature" piece "Paper in my shoes" on a 3 rows.
Or Roy Carrier videos, whose playing is perhaps not as clear on the video as Boozoo, but never the less you might get a "sense" of it.

You'll have to remember though that theses boxes are heavyly miked and as such will make it hard for you to duplicate some sounds , especially with Roy.

Roy is using a gold coloured Gabb,5 switchers, GCF tuned,the box colour is discontinued, but I think, that Glenn, can get the same colour, trough his contacts.

And Boozoo a Corona, I think, not sure though, don't know about the tuning.

Claude.

Re: Re: I got my three-row Panther...

That Roy C. Gold celluloid on the RC Gabbi was discontinued. Another similar ( Chinese ) imitation has surfaced.. but not as nice. Hard to find ..but obtainable if you have patience.

The Boozoo box is an ACADIAN brand triple row. I do not have facts, but heard they were triple rows that perhaps Marc had commissioned somewhere. I heard this years ago, but can't confirm its validity. They were around in the 80's.. and both Boozoo and Rockin Dopsie played them.. they surface in 80's Zydeco band photos and album covers.

None to be seen or heard of anymore. Boozoo and most others moved on to Gabbs or Baffetti's in the 90's..

There will never be another Boozoo .. fo sho.

GLENN

Re: Re: I got my three-row Panther...

These are awesom videos Claude, thank you.

Re: Re: Re: I got my three-row Panther...

Don't miss checking out Corey Ledet's youtube version of "Boudin Man" too. Use this with his DVD version and you will have plenty of things to work on.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!