Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Picture of the late Ervin "dick" Richard, POINTE NOIR ACCORDION BUILDER

And also one of the best steel guitar players around. Played with the legendary Lawrence Walker. He's also who Lawrence refers to on La Valse Du Malchanceux (Unlucky Waltz).

character

nice pic
must have been taken in the 1970s
what a character

wle.

Re: Re: Picture of the late Ervin "dick" Richard, POINTE NOIR ACCORDION BUILDER

Boy! What a treat and what a great song, one of my all time favorites! Thanks for posting it guys.

Thanks also to Albert, who shared the pic with me.

Jude

ANN SAVOY'S book about cajun music has pictures of Mr. Richard in his younger days. He was also an excellent fiddler.

Re: Re: Picture of the late Ervin "dick" Richard, POINTE NOIR ACCORDION BUILDER

Gee what a neat site. thanx Jude for doing all that work. I loved reading about the origins of "Colinda". I especially like to give the history of songs when I play out and I think the audience, especially those who might be hearing the music for the first time, appreciates it.

Source of the picture

The photo was taken in Dick's kitchen in May 1996. I was there with a friend who was picking up the (very customized) accordion pictured. It was in an unusual key (F, if memory serves) and made of blood cypress that had come from the floorboards of the old church in Church Point. Dick was a fine gentleman, and he and his wife were most gracious hosts to us that day.

Hello Susan, long time no see. We can thank Susan for providing the great picture of Mr. Richard.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!