Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tried a Jude Moreau box last night

I tried out one of his boxes last night, and it is a very nice box. There's something about some boxes that just annoy the hell out of me, and that is when the buttons, and the bar they are glued to, have just a little bit of play and will wiggle laterally, up or down the keyboard when you're playing them.

Not on this box. My Bon Tee does not do it, but I have played some older Bon Tee's that do.

Re: Tried a Jude Moreau box last night

Wouldn't trade mine for the world. I was talking to a friend last night who has one of Jude's first accordions which I believe is a Bb as well as an A that was made more recently. I have a C and a D, and just like the others, they each have their own personality but maintain a consistent quality.

Re: Tried a Jude Moreau box last night

I was going to get one, but then bought an expensive fiddle instead. And, since I'm no longer involved with a jam band, I can't justify getting another key accordion right now. Maybe in a couple of years. And I can't justify having more than one C accordion, unless my Miller box craps out.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!