Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Just saying hello.

Welcome, I'm very new as well, started to learn only this last May. This site and others have helped tremendously. Dirk Powell's Videos also got me up to speed quickly. Now it's a matter of learning the ornaments, bellows techniques, getting the finger speed up and learning songs. Listening to lots and lots of music helps. For example, I have at least five different versions of "J'ai passe' devant ta port". From David Doucet's soft gentle version to the stonger Balfa/Savoy/Menard version, to one by D. L. Menard by himself, etc. It gives me the range of styles and sounds and has enabled me to begin to develop my own. Can't wait till I can play something like "Rolling Pin"

Your are lucky to have a fiddle player with you. Just add a triangle and you have a classic Cajun band. (I don't think you really need a guitar, though it sure doesn't hurt)

John in Austin

Re: Re: Re: Just saying hello.

Bienvenue Cher.
If that can be of any assistance, I've posted a dozen songs or so on YouTube. Here's the link above. You can access the others from there.
Bonne chance avec ton accordéon!
Maz

Re: Just saying hello.

Hello Jamey, I am half Landry myself-what a big family tree. You can get alot of useful info. here and don't take the "bad" personally, everyone has their opinions here and all seem to be respected

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!