Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Whats in your CD player?

At the moment it is "Evangeline Made" a group project produced by Ann Savoy. "La Musique" by Pine Leaf Boys, and "Quand J'ai Parti" by David Doucet. Also appearing recently are Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Rodney Crowell, Patty Griffin, Mamou Playboys, Asleep at the Wheel, Robert Earl Keen, Bill Monroe, and Robert Johnson. The Refreshments, John Hiatt, Jethro Tull, Tom Petty etc etc etc. Austin is a great place to hear a huge variety of music. My only complaint is that Cajun bands are scarce.

Re: Re: Whats in your CD player?

John Fine, Lost Bayou Ramblers are going to be at the Continental Club this Friday and Saturday.

The best of Nathan Abshire, The very best of Rainbow and Dio - Holy Diver...

Right now in my CD player that is the bathroom, love listening to music while I shower, is Marc and the Boiled Crawfish CD Swamp'N'Spice. Always have a few more laying next to my player and they are Jude Moreau and the Bon Temps Playboys, Retourner au Les Vieux Temps, also T-Sale CD and The Balfa Brothers play traditional Cajun music Vol I and II.
Later gaters
MarkS

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!