Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thanks! And... Jeffery finished his new CD last night....

Hi Saanen,

Congratulation to Jeffery on receiving the grant!

Is the new Acadian A stained a hot RED by any chance? I played one in Marc's workshop a few weeks ago that he had recently finished, and was wondering if Jeffery is now its lucky owner.

Look forward to hearing the new CD when it's released!

Dale

Re: Re: Thanks! And... Jeffery finished his new CD last night....

Probably is the same accordion. From my understanding, it's the only A Marc has had available recently. I have only seen a picture of it taken on a cell phone, so I can't say exactly what it looks like, but I think it's yellow inside the bellows, some kind of a red stain on curley maple, purple or maroon ribs on the bellows, plastic buttons. Does that sound like the same one?
Jeffery went in to Marc's shop a couple of weeks ago to get his Bb repaired - it's 16 years old and has been played to death! Marc suggested that he start thinking about getting a new one and Jeffery said what he really wanted next was an A - Marc went in back and came out with this one and Jeffery bought it on the spot. It was just a really lucky coincidence that Marc had it there that day! He's also fixing the Bb, but J knows that it's close to the end of its useful life.

Re: Re: Re: Thanks! And... Jeffery finished his new CD last night....

That's IT...it's a beauty! If my voice were lower I would have gotten it, but it is now in the hands it was meant for!

Dale

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks! And... Jeffery finished his new CD last night....

Thanks for the story, Dale! I'll be sure to tell Jeffery. He's absolutely in love with this accordion, so you can be sure it's being appreciated - and PLAYED!

PLEASE, PLEASE BRING DEM CEEDEES!

Saanen - all great news. Really looking forward to the concert at the Opera House!

If they can get those CD's boxed up in time, I'm sure they'll sell a bunch in Buffalo, Earlville, and Rochester. I've been playing the 2006 live album often.

Steve Blais

Re: Louisiana Division of the Arts - Grant to Jeffery Broussard

This should teach you to lower your voice in order to get what you want! ;-)

How you doing back there? Find any decent work?

Dwight

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!