Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Festival Acadiens

The Festival was (as always) terrific. There was so much happening at the same time - much more than in the past! An advantage was that the individual stages were not as crowded. The disadvantage, however, was that it wasn't practical to see (and hear) everything. I tried, though, but I had to miss as much as I saw.

For what I attended, highlight were Joe Hall, Fiddle workshop with Mitch Reed and Anya Burgess, Lost Bayou Ramblers, Feufollet, Jo-el Sonnier, Paul Daigle, Balfa Toujours, Savoy Family Band, Lafayette Rhythm Devils, and seeing so many people that I knew.

I'm sure that what I did not see was as good as what I did.

Jack Bond

Re: Re: Festival Acadiens

With so many stages, I guess they need more and more emcees to help Barry Ancelet. Who were some of the other announcers, and did they speak French?

Re: Re: Re: Festival Acadiens

This year, Barry chose not to introduce any of the bands on the Main Stage or Heritage Stage. He had young French Immersion students as well as young, French speaking musicians do all of the introductions. They were all done in French. He decided to step down and have younger people do the intros to show people that the language is still very much alive in the Lafayette area.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Festival Acadiens

Actually, I heard Barry introduce a number of bands at the Festival stage. Maybe some of the kids got stage fright.

It was a great festival. I had a chance to catch up with Jr. Martin and I met Larry Miller (who was manning the Bon Cajun booth). I also got to meet Joe Hall (I'm a big fan of his but never had the chance to meet him).

Another highlight was seeing the Savoy Family Band perform (since the festival was honoring Marc and Ann Savoy). And the Pine Leaf Boys said they were using their festival performance as part of an upcoming live album; that's worth an "I was there when..." story once the album comes out.

Jude

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Festival Acadiens

It was a great one again this year. The weather was perfect, just too much to see(and hear) at one time! I found it odd that the local news didn't seem to cover it at all. A very important event to overlook for sure. I did notice a small crew traveling around with a camera and mic, but I did not get where they were from(info. please?) May have ran into some of you without even knowing it!lol

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!