Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CFMA Hall of Fame

Speaking of Halls of Fame, I have a question about the CFMA Hall of Fame. Does anyone know the how people are selected? Last week, I was in Eunice and had time to spend some time visiting the Hall of Fame.

I had visited there many times before, but had never really paid too much attention to people who have not been selected for the Hall of Fame. This time, however,I spent most of my time looking through a notebook of people who have been nominated, but not selected. It would be nice if this notebook were turned into a book that one could purchase because there is a wealth of information about a lot of Cajun musicians in the notebook. For those who have been nominated, there is a picture and a writeup, presumably copies of their nominations. Although I don't remember all of them,I really wonder how Sady Courville, Ambrose Thibodeaux, Adam and Cyprien Landrenau (I think), Rodney Balfa, and many more have been bypassed. There are many, many other qualified people who should also have selected.

Is there anything that could be done to start an effort to have these great musicians inducted?

Jack Bond

Re: CFMA Hall of Fame

JUST FOUND YOUR WEBSITE.I AM LOOKING FOR THE 1986 POSTER OF CYPRIEN LANDRENAU.I HAVE LOOKED ON EBAY WITH NO LUCK. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE WONDERFUL. THANK YOU.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!