Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Video Flambee

I agree with your post with one major exception
"outrage"
not Outrage or any kind of rage

just plain old fashioned disgusted with feigned
credentials, feigned lingo, feigned hurt, feigned
cultural offense.. ad nauseum.

Offended with the tone starting with the Topic line..

Talk about over reaction.. the person who started this thread.. interloper, carpet bagger or imposter one of the three..

And the "awe" tism I mean geez
butt kissing a phantom... c,mon

I have never been in awe of fame
and in particular this case where a gnome comes out of nowhere and proceeds to tell you all how to behave

I am in awe of excellence , not fame
and that performance was not excellence IMNSHO

Set what .. the "record" straight

what record

you're batting zero

Sucking up pablum is not in my job description..
exposing BS is ...

And as to the totality of your post, soundhound,
you were gracious and polite.. and underplaying the obvious..good job !

Interesting that you suggested the original poster "flamed" .. just an observation..

We may have given him something worthy however I am not convinced that he is "worthy"

My ,this was fun.....

I do feel bad for the poster "Wilson Savoy" cause he obviously doesn't get it

and what's worse.. that person may be a "mole"

Re: Video Flambee

I've been monitoring this forum for a while ..... what a bunch of idiots are posting here. Luckily there are still a few well meaning players and makers who stick to what this forum is about: accordions, one-row melodeons cajun style, or Deutsche Harmonika as the original name once was. But alas, there's less and less of that stuff. More and more idiots take over.
And then to think Wilson Savoy (and what a great musician he is, and worthwhile band the Pine Leaf Boys are) even takes the time to reply and withstand the tidal wave of insults and ignorancies going on here. Some of you posters should really be ashamed of yourselves ... Clean up your act or get lost?

Re: Re: Video Flambee

Oliver, you are free to stay, free to go, free to post, free to monitor.
But keep enough time to play, specially if you have a French accordion, b'cause that's even more important.

Gus, fool on the dyke

Surmise

Surmise .. the person who posted was not "Wilson Savoy"

Why?

First a "friend" advised him of the existence of this group and the topic of PLB's video.. why would he need that when another Savoy already posts here?
A clumsy diversion.

The language and style, as identified by someone else, indicates the person was probably Cajun.

The language and style seems familiar.

The language and style does not appear to have been written by a man.

Draw your own conclusion.

Could be wrong.. but one thing is certain..."Wilson Savoy" fired and ran ...

I believe someone who posts, flames and disappears is called a troll? Or is my understanding of that term incorrect.

Perhaps the person who identified themselves as "Wilson Savoy" should have read the preamble and stuck to the purpose of this group instead of enciting the group to division; and the one person responsible for a conitnuation and escalation of what started out to be a civil discussion of perference.

Last word

I just wanted the last word on this.

peace,
Griff

Re: To set the records...

I have always had one philosophy when it came to hosting my show...."By a cajun for the cajuns". I dont really care what anyone who is not cajun thinks about cajun music or our culture. I am not in the business of converting anyone..but inspiring everyone who is cajun. I want all the young cajuns to know they can be proud to be a cajun. No generation before us has ever stood up to say this. Let us be the first. As always ..."Let us before we die gather up our heritage and offer it to our children".

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!