Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Accordica & Cajita

My next door neighbor has a professional framing shop ... 500 feet from my house.. been doing it for 40 years

The trimmer in use is a double deal.. cuts 2 pieces at once

and though it is possible to adjust it to cut
90 degrees
It is not called a BUTT trimmer
but a mitre trimmer.. : )

PS Cornell is "fantastique"
merci ! ! !

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Accordica & Cajita

You're welcome!,you bloody, deserve it.

Enjoy, and keep them boxes, coming!!!!! .

Re: Re: Re: Re: Accordica & Cajita

I got mine from Rockler with one of their 20% off coupons. It works beautifully. I had been watching Ebay for a few months for a Lion trimmer, but they are going for much more than a new import. But from what I can tell the imports like what I got are pretty well made, and several woodworking suppliers carry them. When I was checking, I think Grizzly had the best price. Makes beautiful miters. Jude Moreau has one like mine that he has been using for quite a while and he said he has never had to sharpen the blades. I have cut some decent miters on the table saw, but never as perfect as those finished with one of these trimmers.

Re: Accordica & Cajita

So,

Does the Cajita have cajones ? : )

Re: Re: Accordica & Cajita

The cajita has mitred corners and a small box by convention is feminine, so no cajones--well I guess anything is possible (ie H. Clinton). The whole box was made using Chinese tools from Home Depot & plywood from Michaels. Riobi table saw and Riobi sander. Probably most of the tools, sawblades, bits, screws, finishing washers, etc. were made in China. I bet there is more Chinese in an LA box than we realize.

Re: Re: Re: Accordica & Cajita

Very creative and resourceful

pragamatism at its best

great job

the box could be a maricon (sp ) : ) ! !

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!