Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Our Louisiana Christmas Tree! PHOTOS!

Our little Louisiana Christmas tree ~ complete with crawfish and Tabasco lights, red beans & rice, frogs, chickens, peppers, garlic, gators, boats, trucks, white rubber boots, shrimp and all other manner of decorations that one could consider related to Louisiana and Cajun country. We even have a hand blown Papa Noel holding a crab pot (with a crab peeking out) that bears the words "Don't Open 'til Dec 25th."

Notice the pewter Santa riding a crawfish ornament! Bizarre!! Below that is a mini-froittoir. This actually is one of a pair of earrings that you can usually find at Louisiana music festivals.

An old fashioned radio, a peanut, white rubber boots, an oyster shell, a rooster......red beans and rice have been put into clear, fillable square ornaments that are commonly available at decorating or craft stores.

Papa Noel with purple robe covered in gold fleur di lis. An old fashioned Gramaphone record player is to his right.

Our tree is topped with a lovely Creole angel.

A big gator ornament, with a miniature kitchen grater below. The beads are red and gold Mardi Gras necklaces that have crawfish attached at the bottom.

We actually now have SO many "Louisiana" ornaments and tree decorations that we opted to retire this small tree and go with a 6 foot one! I'm still in search of an appropriate tree skirt that has a "Louisiana" theme....maybe I'll make one from crawfish or pepper printed material.

I bought almost ALL of these ornaments off eBay. A few of the gators I've bought locally as these are readily available in Florida Christmas shops. The crawfish lights are just hollow plastic crawfish that I poked a hole into and shoved on to mini-lights.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!