Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Mouton Accordions

I own both a Greg Mouton Accordion (Bb pictured in the header and below) and a Shine Mouton D accordion.

Both accordions are excellent. As far as the Bb that Greg made for me, I've never seen anyone who takes the time to POLISH the wire lifters and screws!

Greg Mouton is a wonderful, honest person and a terrific craftsman. I would venture to say that Greg's ONLY fault is that he make take awhile to make an accordion for you if you order one. He runs a music store and ALWAYS stops whatever he's doing to have a discussion or offer advice. He's a very friendly guy. When I ordered this accordion from him, he was doing all the work himself. He may have his son helping him at this point.

I dropped in one time with a brand new Martin C accordion that had gone badly out of tune. Greg retuned it for me at no charge.

Re: Re: Re: Mouton Accordions

Very nice looking red accordion.
How long ago did you have it built for you?

How does the sound compare with say a Marc Savoy "Acadian" or a Jude Moreau "Bon Temps"?

Thanks ...and merry Christmas

I see it's been a few years since 2007 and no reply was ever given.

Is Mouton still making accordions?

I tried to find his old website and the link went nowhere.

George
Very nice looking red accordion.
How long ago did you have it built for you?

How does the sound compare with say a Marc Savoy "Acadian" or a Jude Moreau "Bon Temps"?

Thanks ...and merry Christmas

I recommend trying a Falcon or Heritage. Randy Falcon makes the Falcons, and Rusty Sanner, who learned from Mr. Randy, builds Heritage.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!