Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Les Cajun Voyageurs

Les Voyageurs Cajun ?

Never heard of them either...

Re: Re: Les Cajun Voyageurs

The band name could be just a one time thing, maybe just friends, no telling. But I've never heard of the other musicians besides Bobby Michot.

I sure like that Renes Special, Austin Pitre recorded that on. Kicking my butt on trying to play it though. There is also a Youtube video of the Lost Bayou Ramblers doing that song. That Youtube is a neat thing.

Re: Re: Re: Les Cajun Voyageurs

I'm a little late in viewing the videos, but, besides Bobby Michot, I recognize Mike Tate, who is from Ville Platte and I've played a few times with him. Mike is not only a darn good accordion player, but also plays the drums and bass guitar very well. The expression on his face is all you get, though.

Dowell

Re: Les Cajun Voyageurs

Great movies. I like it allways to hear and see Bobby Michot. Bobby was setlled in France and we meet him a few years in a small place called Nolay, were he played in a local pub. It was allways during the festival in Saulieu and he play there most of the time with French musician. There was allways time to jam with Bobby and the other musicians.
Nice evenings there.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!