Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and thanks for the link to your site.

Re: Merry Christmas

Very good. I like it slow.

Merry Christmas

Re: Re: Merry Christmas

Thanks guys. Hopefully by next year I can do it on the ten button. It's such a simply made instrument...I don't understand why it's so hard for me to wrap my head around it and make it do what I want. May be because I have not one drop of Louisiana blood in me. I'm startin' to think that's a pre requisite. ;~)
Will keep on trying and keep you posted with any advances or lightning bolt flashes of brilliance if, and/or,as they occur.

Happy New year to all you Cajuns over here.

Nah, no LA blood required

Just keep listening to Cajun music until you are fully saturated with the tunes and sound of it.
My German/Danish/English/Welsh blood probably doesn't hurt. They play pretty good as well.

Does it count that my older half-sister and half-brother had a French Canadian father?

But then again, any La boys out there want to be blood-brothers?

Re: Nah, no LA blood required

John, it's funny you say that. Back when I used to work as a paramedic, I had a partner with a last name of Babin, pronounced Bah-Bain "btw not with the ain as in pain, but like the French pronunciation of Allan" anyways, when he would go out with he's buddies and see a girl he liked, his come on line would be "you got any Babin in you, no, you want some?" The first time I heard him say that, I thought I was gonna die !!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!