Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
One can dream

I proposed this and got nowhere...
I suspect there was a reason..
Had it been someones else's idea it may have flown

My proposal was rather detailed..
I still think it is viable

Maybe you could have a go at making the proposal...

If you don't have a link to S(c)hramm's (sp) yahoo group I can post it

I really think this would be a great way to get a lot of folks into a quality,guided do it yourself project where all benefit from and contribute to
the effort

those who are not prepared to build right away could still participate in the discussion and be better prepared for the next go round

The start date was loosely fixed at Feb-March with a finish date of June-July

If a generous Pro builder wanted to contrubute and with a "pay off" of tuning for a fee at the end of the build... that would be a real boon

As I am not a pro builder .. my participation would be limited to an active and "contibuting" participant
via wood or parts making....

And if someone really wanted to get this project on the map ( ie good press) a supplier of parts. bellows and reeds could offer a group pricing ..
wonder if Greg or Frank would be interested

Time for me to back off my attempting to interject old corp skills and just see where this goes

I see great potential...

and I also see that it would take some desire on the part of some others...

As to who would lead ?

perhaps the owners/managers/moderators of the yahoo group

If I were to choose Pro participants I could not think of any one better than John Roger
Jude Moreau and or Greg Mouton

of course that would be asking a lot

David Schramm builds Classical guitars and Flamenco guitars for a living.. he is also a prfessional classical guitarist and teaches ( professor) classsical guitar

He not only found his project NOT to be a threat to his profession and career but a benefit..looks good on a resume

it takes a special person to do what he did...
hats off to him...
for his time, his generosity and his experience...

dream on

PS seesm the yahoo group as good as it is, could be more directed and actually have a measurable contribution......specific goal orientation..
completed boxes ......
not just the occasional... "I finished mine"

But we finished ours...

Re: One can dream

see if this link works

no current projects on the sight but you can look back and see what they have done in the past

Re: Re: One can dream

Jeff,
I still don't understand what reason there could be for this not to be taken up if people are interested. Email me off-list if you'd like.
I am still interested in organizing a building week here in VT, perhaps inviting Emanuel Pariselle to teach. It would be expensive, but everyone would leave with a very fine 2 1/2 row box.
-A.

Re: Re: One can dream

I would be interested in helping but would need to know just how it would work as I don't quiet unederstand the whole concept.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!