Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Mainly for Neal

Hey John,
It's the other John from New Orleans. Shoot me an email, I might be able to help you out.

cajunfid@hotmail.com

John

LeeMan Prejean

I don't have good information about just when Leeman Prejean was recording. He recorded for an obscure label named Belle, but Swallow records must have come upon the copyright later and released his records again in 1971. Or maybe they were actually recorded in 71 after all. His Valse de Tout'l Monde was released in 1972 and you can hear the sound quality is much better than on those other singles. I bet those were earlier than 71. Ray Abshire might know just when and where the Happy Playboys of Scott were active. Me, I used to see Leeman Prejean at Red's Cajun Club in Nunez between Kaplan and Abbeville, but that was early 80s.

Re: LeeMan Prejean

I bet you're right, Neal. They have that early 'live' kind of sound. I love that. I don't know if modern Cajun recordings are made by laying separate tracks on each other, but they lack something for me. The background yells are so much a part of the old and live recordings, and so much a part of Cajun music.

BJ

Re: Re: LeeMan Prejean

I agree. And cajun music sounds better with yapping pups, buzzing mosquitos, beer cans opening, blackbirds swarming, gratons sizzling, playing kids, laughing, and a few missed notes which I like to provide, especially after several of the beer can openings.

BJ and John Roger

Please send me your e-mail addresses for further follow up. Mine is npomea@earthlink.net

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!