Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Oh yeah, who are these guys?

That is Terry Huval playing fiddle, Reggie Matte playing accordion, and Tony Huval on drums. I asume that Ken David is playing bass, but I did not actually see him.

On the screen, it says 2005.

Jack Bond

That's The Jumbalaya Cajun band. They've been around for a long time but they don't travel much, so they aren't all that well known and probably don't get the recognition that they deserve. I don't know when the video was taken but I doubt its too old.

Re: Re: Oh yeah, who are these guys?

Those guys hit their heyday in the late 80's and early 90's around the same time the Basin Brothers were rocking and rolling. They still hold a weekly gig at Randol's in Lafayette.

Reggie Matte is one of my all time favorite accordion players and Terry Huval is a very talented fiddler, guitarist and steel guitar player.

When you click on the YouTube video, look at the top right and click on 'More'. It'll tell you about the vid. I posted about a month or 2 ago.

WF

It looks like it might be the Jambalaya Cajun band.

-David

Re: Re: Oh yeah, who are these guys?

Yes it is. I posted these clips in a thread some time back. Here's the link:

http://pub21.bravenet.com/forum/1722942123/fetch/796453/

WF

Re: Re: Re: Oh yeah, who are these guys?

Very talented musicians indeed.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Oh yeah, who are these guys?

Awesome, I see Jambalaya with D.L. are going to be at the Crawfish Festival in Breaux Bridge in May. I'm planning to be there and look forward to seeing these guys in person. Thanks for the link.
Carol

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!