Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Law Accordion to Hanson Bridgett

This is the best use of accordions in advertising I've ever seen - it made me love lawyers! http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_MF11QYyjk

Re: The Law Accordion to Hanson Bridgett

I've never seen that before! That's great!
I wonder how old it is?
It looks like it was shot in San Francisco.

I definitely recognize Gerard Landry as the Cajun Accordion player.

DP

Re: Re: The Law Accordion to Hanson Bridgett

You are right check link #1

Re: Re: Re: The Law Accordion to Hanson Bridgett

I finally learned to love lawyers!

BJ

I was waiting for "Use an Accordion, Go To Jail" to figure in here somewhere.

Gerard doesn't get any credits at the end of the video, and what he was purportedly playing didn't sound like it could be gotten out of a cajun box. But, I'm being a nit-picker.

Wonder when it was shot.

Re: Re: The Law Accordion to Hanson Bridgett

I think that it's brand new, they have it on their site and it looks like it's a new ad for them. You're right about Gerard Landry, and it's Kevin Hayes on Snare Drum (from the Robert Cray Band) - but most of the other people in the video actually work for the law firm (!), and the music was written by the managing partner and the guy who plays the conjunto accordion.

My name's Dave Burns, and I wrote and directed The Law Accordion to Hanson Bridgett.

I'm so glad you all are enjoying it. It really is nice to read all the positive comments.

I'm writing to provide the straight dope on a few things about the video.

The music was written by Miguel Govea, the Conjunto player in the video, and myself. My idea was that it would start with a Polka, morph into a Zydeco groove, and then into someting Norteno-esque. Miguel surprised me during the recording session with the "polka solo" over the Zydeco groove, and even though it added eight bars (about 16 seconds) to the film, it was too good to leave out.

The bass drummer is the managing partner at the firm, Andrew Giacomini. That is Gerard Landry playing the Zydeco dude, and Kevin Hayes on snare.

The other folks, Elevator Guy, The Girl in the Elevator Lobby, and The Crosser at the End, are all Hanson people.

The video is averaging around 1500 views per day, which they tell me is right on the cusp of going viral. We should know more about what to expect in next Friday. In the meantime, if there's somebody you think might enjoy it, send 'em the link and tell them to do the same.

The Song: "The Law Accordion to Hanson Bridgett" should be available on ITunes in a day or two.

Thanks for watching and stay tuned.

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Law Accordion to Hanson Bridgett

Wow! That was GREAT! Very catchy tune and very professionally done. I've worked around and for lawyers for most of my life. Sure would have preferred to be working at Hanson Bridgett instead of the last law firm I was with if you guys are indicators of the vibes going on there!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Law Accordion to Hanson Bridgett

I used to be a legal transcription pro - mostly worked for workers' comp. attorneys. I also had that thought when I saw the Hanson Bridgett video "sheesh, wish I worked there!"

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Law Accordion to Hanson Bridgett

Good work, Dave - Hope there's more where that came from.

BJ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Law Accordion to Hanson Bridgett

God job, I think you've got a winner here... but you, know, I'm biased!

ps: I'll be sharing the YouTube link with my entire Facebook contact list to contribute to the "virus".

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Law Accordion to Hanson Bridgett

Here's a higher quality copy on YouTube if you want to link to that: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_MF11QYyjk&fmt=18

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!