Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FS: New Falcon accordion in C

Received this amazing accordion brand new from Randy a about a week and a half ago. I really like it, but i've decided to take the plunge and get a 5 stopper from him instead, made to look just like this one. I need to sell this box to pay for the upcoming one. I paid $2,500 plus $75 for the shipping, so I am open to offers hopefully somewhere near that range.

This accordion is actually a bright red, it's just so vibrant it's hard to get a good picture of it. It's in the key of C, tuned 5 cents wet, and can be very loud, it easily over powers the Martin I have(also for sale). The spring tension for me is just right, not to tight, and not spongy feeling, it truly is a good feeling instrument. Like I said, the only reason for sale is that I have another one in the works with 5 stops, which gives me the options of two wet tunings, 5 or 15 cents.

If you are interested feel free to shoot me an email.

Re: FS: New Falcon accordion in C

Why don't you ask him to take it back on a trade-up?

Re: Re: FS: New Falcon accordion in C

**** Ganey, don't say that, I might want to buy it.

I had asked him about trading up, but he wasn't too hot on the idea. Perhaps the fact it's 5 cents wet makes it an oddball. I personally think because of the way it is tuned it's a superior instrument, it gives it a richer sound.

Tuning doesn't -- or shouldn't -- have any bearing on an accordion's price or returnability. I could say more -- lots more -- but I won't. You paid 2500 dollars? Wow... My D box from Falcon was 1200 bucks in 03.

Re: Re: Re: FS: New Falcon accordion in C

I paid $2,500 for the accordion, that's Randy's base price, he asks 3k for the 5 stoppers and 4k for the 2 tone ones, regardless of what tuning you decide. I think it's a fair price considering he uses certain design features that only a handfull of makers use, he helps you find the exact tone you want, so you end up with a really nice instrument made to your liking.

That wouldn't be the box that I saw, and played, in Wisconsin recently, would it? If so, it's a great feeling and sounding accordion. One notices it real well, too.

Gene

Yep, it's the same accordion, it's hard to miss it given the color. Sounded great when you played it.

A buddy sent me this email, I am in North Carolina visiting a sister right now. I am looking for a good accordian. Send me your contact info and I will call you when I get back Thursday afternoon. I am flying back into Lafayette on Thursday. I live in Lake Arthur and the same buddy and I are learning how to play. I am very interested in this piece.

Thank you very much,
Jacob David

yes i am interested in your falcon accordion forsale if you still have it forsale contact me on my cell at 225-206-4273..

Can you post photos and info for your Martin that is for sale? Thanks.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!