Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Martin on Ebay .... ends in just over 2 hours! Hurry

This accordion perfectly illustrates what I have come to realize about food color staining...it sucks. I have seen several accordions all made by very well known builders that have quite literally changed colors from sun exposure.

John

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Martin on Ebay .... ends in just over 2 hours! Hurry

Rick..... you are too funny, man! Jr. would also have a fit over the accordion being placed in the case upside down!.. I am on my way to his shop in the next 30 minutes. I will tell him about this box.
CB

Re: Re: Re: Re: Martin on Ebay .... ends in just over 2 hours! Hurry

I hear ya Capt. No you're not weird liking it. I know a few guys that have bright pink chanky-chanks and play them proudly... and For a $1000, okay, I could live with the color scheme.

Maybe Joe is right, tho. Maybe it was at one time a pure red/indigo blue/natural wood combo and instead of storing it back in the case, they set it in the west window (which might make one think about the wax inside). It's still curiously odd! And it apparently *was* pawned because the seller is a pawn shop in Seattle!

And hey, there's only 19 mins 2 secs left to bid!

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Martin on Ebay .... ends in just over 2 hours! Hurry

Oh my god, that is so freaking tempting!!! 12 minutes...I wonder what key it is in??? LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Martin on Ebay .... ends in just over 2 hours! Hurry

I supposed one could replace the stop knobs with green ones to match the flap pannel...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Martin on Ebay .... ends in just over 2 hours! Hurry

Hey no fair! It says US bidders only... that is so discriminatory towards Canucks!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Martin on Ebay .... ends in just over 2 hours! Hurry

At that price, does it really matter what key?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Martin on Ebay .... ends in just over 2 hours! Hurry

Hmm - High Bidder has no feedbacks ??

1 minute

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Martin on Ebay .... ends in just over 2 hours! Hurry

Sniped at 10 seconds left for $1,177.00

Ha!

R!CK

Sniping - the only way to travel

I haven't bought anything on ebay recently, but I used to snipe quite frequently. It is a solid proven technique.

-David

www.gixen.com - free snipe site wle recommended

www.gixen.com - free snipe site wle recommended

wle.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Martin went for $1177.00

Change the knobs!

Capt Everett

Re: Martin on Ebay .... ends in just over 2 hours! Hurry

Man, my buddy was $25 off the winning bid, which got in 2 seconds before it ended! But oops, I didn't realize they didn't list what key it was in.

Sometimes you gotta thank God for unanswered prayers . . .

also, there is no way to know

also, there is no way to know
how high the winner would have bid

unless you email him :)

wle.

Re: also, there is no way to know

well that's one of the nicer things of ebay, compared to Sotheby's etc ... if you are willing to pay the real worth of a quality instrument nobody would like you no more - nout

Re: Re: Martin on Ebay .... the Snipe Killer.

the trick with Ebay is to never just sneak up on the price, but bid the HIGHEST amount you would ever pay and let it ride. That bid is reached only if other people are bidding it up to that price. It can be a real snipe killer. Your highest bid will automatically trump the snipe's bid and he won't have time to up it more.

Capt. Everett

Re: Re: Re: Martin on Ebay .... the Snipe Killer.

Congratulations Rick! That's excellent value for money.
Yeah you have to change these knobs to match the green. Let us know what key it is in when you get it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Martin on Ebay .... the Snipe Killer.

Ummm... okay, but that ain't my box. I'm not, nor have been, in the market for more accordions. I only reported the end of the auction. It was such a weird box, good quality and decent price, I think a few of us were interested in what the final price was.

Sorry for the confusion,

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Martin on Ebay .... the Snipe Killer.

yes but snipes work the same way

you set your snipe to the highest amount you want to pay

unlike a regular bid, though,
it doesn;t get entered into ebay til the last few seconds

another thing you can do with sniping is to edit your snipe before it becomes active

unlike a bid, where you can;t change it later

wle.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Martin on Ebay .... the Snipe Killer.

That is pretty neat, I'm guessing you need a program to do it. Still, I recommend you never bid more than you are willing to pay with a cool head. Too many people get caught up in the auction fever and regret the bids they make.

www.gixen.com is a good free one as i said

no program
there are websites to do it
www.gixen.com is a good free one as i said

wle.

Re: Martin on Ebay .... ends in just over 2 hours! Hurry

I sniped a Hammond Xk3 two weeks ago and got it for $500.00 less than it sells for. It was in mint condition and the model has just come out in the past year. Bruce

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!