Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Free Cajun Classic Music - MP3

This guy that has this site is from the east coast. I think Mass. I have been logging on to for a couple of years now and enjoy listening to those old recordings. It brings me back to the good old times I had as an 18 year old at the Shamrock in Lake Charles. Or, B.O. Sparkle in Texas and the River Club in Mermentau.

Re: Free Cajun Classic Music - MP3

Guys, this is Neal...a frequent contributor to this
site...in fact, I would say he is a "MVP"(Most Valuable Poster)
because of his wealth of knowledge and, of course,
his extensive collection of music.

Re: Re: Free Cajun Classic Music - MP3

I'm pretty sure that Neal's from Maurice, I believe he knows my f-i-l.

Re: Re: Re: Free Cajun Classic Music - MP3

Rusty, I am originally from Leroy, the next community over, but I knew your in-laws' family from Maurice. I've lived in Maryland for 20+ years now.

There's probably as much if not more recorded Cajun music out of print and unavailable than available. I would love to raid the collections of radio stations like KSIG, KJEF, KEUN, KVPI, KVOL, KXKW and some stations in Lake Charles, Orange Texas and Port Arthur to have a better idea of the history.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Free Cajun Classic Music - MP3

Hi, you might have seen it already, but this one (link#2) has been on the electronic airwaves also for quite some time - Nout

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!