Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just an idea... box showoff

Just thought of this. With the cooperation and approval of Joanie, maybe each member of the forum can send the best picture they have of their accordion. Each month, she can post a different picture at the top of the main page with a small caption at the bottom stating the owner's screenname (or real name) and the make of accordion. This way everyone gets a chance to show off what they have.

If she agrees, get your cameras out and take the best picture you can with your box (or boxes). It can be just the box or a picture with you playing your box. Just keep the accordion as the focal point of the photo.

Comments? Thoughts? Joanie?

WF

Re: Just an idea... box showoff

The Capt. is ready!

Re: Re: Just an idea... box showoff

I think we should have the photos grouped and sorted so they make sense. My suggestion is for everyone to send me their accordion(s). I've got a very high-quality camera and can use Photostyler to manipulate these photos that I take of your boxes, thereby distilling them down into one well-produced photo.

Thanks in advance,

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Just an idea... box showoff

Sl!ck R!ck !!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Just an idea... box showoff

Well....ok....just post your address and we'll all be sure to send you sumthin....

I borrowed some of your dots, I'll return them later.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just an idea... box showoff

Yeah I could use more dots... dangit!

Honestly, WF has a great idea! But I do believe that is (or was) the original idea behind the photo at the top of this discussion board. It IS, in fact, a place to display images of the contributor's boxes and mugshots. I think you just have to hit up Joanie with your request. Lord knows she's busy, too. Maybe it's time for another pledge drive here to show our support?

R!CK

Re: Just an idea... box showoff

What timing, after this weekend, I was planning on posting a pic of the accordion I just "slapped together real quick". Made of barn wood off my grandfathers old barn, which he salvaged off an old barn no telling when, and the type of which I havent been able to identify for sure yet. It was so easy, I dont understand why anyone with a screwdriver, drill, and skilsaw doesnt just build their own.

Re: Re: Just an idea... box showoff

Bryan, you've just opened my eyes to a whole new way of making boxes. I definitly need to try the "slap together" theory, sounds much quicker than the means that I'm using today !!!!

what if....

What if all your boxes are your favorites? A collage perhaps?

Re: what if....

You really want a pic of my post box?

it's too small for an accordion.

gus

Works For Me....

Send in your photos!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!