Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
going to Sulphur

My wife and I will be in Sulphur on the last weekend of May for a family reunion. We will be staying at Sam Houston State Park, Friday and Saturday night. If anyone knows about some music on that weekend you can e-mail me.

Jerry

Re: going to Sulphur

Hey Jerry,
There isn't a lot of music around here, but if you look hard enough, you can find some. Aucoin's restaurant in Hayes is 30 minutes from SH park. I think Joe Simon and his band will be there both Friday and Saturday. There is also a Saturday night dance at the VFW in Lake Charles. Not sure who is playing. If you are staying in the cabins, you could always drum up a jam session.

Re: Re: going to Sulphur

Were staying in our pop up. I will be bringing my c and d accordions and my wife will bring her guitar and fiddle. She's coming along nicely on the fiddle and she plays her guitar well. I will be playing out at Grace Park over by City Service for our family reunion. I will go by the cabins on our walk and see if we can find some music.

I'd check out Chris Miller's website, for shure, see where's he playing. Sometimes he or other Lake Chuck bands play at Big Daddy's in Iowa. You might also see who's playing at Yesterday's Club, or Wayne & Layne's. Lake Chuck kinda is hit or miss for music, but pretty good for fishing! Ha! I'm planning on offshore this weekend... but it's supposed to rain, soif that's the case, you'll see lots of beer cans I left at the corner of Sutherland and Sam Houston Jones Pkwy... I stay about a mile from that intersection... and about 3 miles from Peto's to get the best m*********ing cracklins, sausage, and steaks in the entire state. They're across the street from Market Basket near the 171 and SHJ Parkway (378) intersection. Fugettabout music! Hahahaha!

Too bad you're not making it down this coming weekend... we'll be on the Calcasieu not far from Holbrook Park making a lot of noise and smoke. SHJ Park is purdy... tell Ms. Bev at the office we said it's okay to let y'all do what ya wanna! Enjoy yerselves!

~T!

This friday, May 23 at 5:30.....Pine Leaf Boys and
Jo-El Sonnier at the Sulphur Heritage days festival.
I know where I'll be tomorrow night. Rick, if your in town come check it out.

Re: Re: going to Sulphur

I saw that in the paper this morning. Beausoleil on Saturday night and Jackie Caillier at the VFW dance.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!