Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: New to the boards and getting back into my accordion

Jimmy sold his Gros Beck and bought a Martin, both in the key of D.

Jerry

Re: Logo design for Sidewalk Zydeco

Hello Sidewalk Zydeco Musicians!

I made a bid to design a logo for you back in January. We were in contact with each other briefly, I made a layout for your design in the interim but you never got back to me. Now that I found you on the internet, I would like to know if you would like to see the logo design I created for Sidewalk Zydeco? I think it is a neat design. I could send the artwork to you on a CD ROM if you like it too.

The cost: A logo for you and some green backs for me.

Email me at ginnytormey@verizon.net and I will upload the logo design for you to see!

Your band has a great sound!

From,
Ginny

Re: New to the boards and getting back into my accordion

Save away man I have no problem with that.

I'm going to just sit down with it and start going over all my keys and octaves again get them burn't into my head then off to reclaim my rythem. Pretty much home schooling myself When I see that I'm getting it again will try and attend some jam sessions

Re: Re: Re: New to the boards and getting back into my accordion

"I was born in Lafayette, raised up in Carencro....
I was born in Lafayette, raised up in Carencro....
I'm a country boy as you can plainly see...
I'm a country boy, raised up in the country.."

I guess we have to call you Jackrabbit.

Beautiful accordion. I do believe Jimmy Breaux plays one also.

Haha funny you say that, my middle name is Jack :)

Re: Re: New to the boards and getting back into my accordion

Welcome to the accordion gene pool, JJ! Nice to have you here. Pretty box ya got! Hope you get back to jammin' with it soon. This is a great forum to explore existing posts as well as ask anything regarding boxes. It usually won't take long to get a response as this forum is well-attended by a worldwide panel of experts at every skill-level. I've learned a lot here and consider everyone a friend... except Nout.

Here, have some of these ....... .......... ..... ...... .... ......... you'll need them eventually.

~R!CK

Now i wonder where i've done you wrong Rick ...

Re: Re: Re: Re: New to the boards and getting back into my accordion

Ah c'mon, buddy! I'm just messin' with U! It's a way of saying "I truly enjoy your posts and our overlapping banter!" Out of all the "invisible friends" I have on the is board, you make the A-list of those I'd like to sit down and have a beer with!

In the golden chains of friends, you can always regard me as a link!

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New to the boards and getting back into my accordion

jokie jokie .....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New to the boards and getting back into my accordion

I think you would greatly benefit from some of the learning videos (Dirk Powell, Wilson Savoy, Steve Riley and Marc Savoy).
Have you seen any of them? Check out www.almenapictures.com (or link #2)for some of them.

I had tried

Traditional Cajun Accordion - Beginner Level Instruction

and

Traditional Cajun Accordion - Intermediate Level Instruction

When I had first started out I just bought Dirk Powells 2 DVD's on amazon for 40 bucks going to check them out when they come in. Have you ever seen the two I have? If so which do you think is best Floyds or Dirks?

Thanks,

PS: I have been trying to get ahold of Wilson by email the last week with no responce. I'm not going to order from him until I know for sure hes still selling it on his web site.

Re: Re: New to the boards and getting back into my accordion

Hi Jarrow, I recently bought the powell DVD's for a student, and found them compared to the Riley DVD 2 and the Marc Savoy "Gospel" a lot more informative, but Dirk talks a lot; useful for the first time around, but i feel that after a while you'll probably zap towards the tunes straight away. Some of the posted Youtube demo's are very good too ... but the main thing is; get the tunes in your head before you try to play them. - Nout

Cool, I'm looking forward to checking Dirks DVD's out when they come in. I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet I work offshore with a 14/14 shift and woun't be home untill Tuesday which is when the ETA is for UPS.

I'm hoping it wount take me to long to get back to the level I was when I had first started playing once I play around with it a while I should start remembering a lot of what I had down.

I live next door to Leland Colligan "Acadian" brand builder, which is my wifes cousin. Once I have a hold on myself I might have to go drink a few beers with him and his dad to play a few tunes.

I still have my old China accordion that I will have to start taking with me offshore and practice in our warehouse.

Jarrow,

Sorry I ment "Acadiana" brand.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!