Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New pic?

The motherboard on my home computer burned up , so it will be a little while until I'm able to post any new pictures, as I do all the editing work and uploading from that one.

Re: Re: New pic?

Lovely picture.
Your daughter loves Cajun.
You are a lucky one.

I have this one taken of me playing with my daughter Brieanna dancing and clapping at my side and my best friend "Houla" (my dog) in the foreground. This picture was taken in 2006.

Here is a more current picture taken a couple of weeks ago at my friend's mom's house in New Iberia. She's the one playing guitar holding my youngest daughter Alyse, my oldest daughter Brieanna is in the one standing in the green dress (she's the same one in the previous picture above just a couple years older now) and that's me squeezing out a tune!

Playing outside in the shade with friends and family on a hot Louisiana Sunday afternoon, that's what its all about!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

we had some discussions about holding the accordion on the right or left knee. seems that a lot of people prefer the left one (iyou and me included).

Gus

Yeah, I know what you mean. I can play comfortably on both legs, the only problem is my right foot loves to do all the tap'n and stomp'n. I've taken many classes with Steve Riley and he always places his accordion on his left knee. If its good enough for him, then I don't think its all that big of a deal if I do it too.

The main reason for playing on the right knee is because it puts less strain on the left arm during the push and pull, but it doesn't bother or tire me out. I can play for hours without wearing out my arm. And when the day comes where I'm playing a four hour show I'll be playing standing up anyway...

Eddy Lejeune played with his accordion on his knee and his knee was moving all the time.
His accordion looks like a ship in a hurricane.
Maybe that helps to get the right groove ?

Re: Re: Re: New pic?

Ron,

yes and no. With me ( I am left footed) it first gave a kind of groove while lifting my knee, but now I am carefull with it. I think it is better to get the rythm with the fingers and bellows mainly. But honestly I have to look in the mirror for checking

Gus

Mel, yeah I remember Wilson Savoy telling me that before about Eddie Lejeune. To each his own...

Hey Jon,

Where are you from???

Originally from a small town called Catahoula, east of St. Martinville, South of Henderson. But I mostly grew up in Lafayette and I moved to Carencro about 1 1/2 ago.

I just emailed Joan with some pics, and she said that the computer she was using to edit this website was down. Because the motherboard was fried. She ordered a new one, So waiting on parts to get up and running again..

OOPS... She already posted the problem, missed it..

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!