Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ongoing Computer Problems

Thanks to those of you who have submitted photos to be posted on this forum. Unfortunately, my main computer which has all the programs I use for editing photos and uploading them to the Internet is still "under the weather" with a burned up motherboard. I am *HOPING* that we'll get it back sometime soon, but at this point, I don't really know.

When my main computer is up and running again, I'll try to get the photos posted just as soon as I can.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Re: Ongoing Computer Problems

Don't hurry

Good luck with your PC. Isn't there a Brave in your neighbourhood who can assist?

Rick is good with computers

Gus

alas Joanie, you're not living near my place, got a complete older PIII perfect for emailing, server or even storage nobody wants to have even free ... and it's 230/50Hz volts too. -nout

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks to those of you who have submitted photos to be posted on this forum. Unfortunately, my main computer which has all the programs I use for editing photos and uploading them to the Internet is still "under the weather" with a burned up motherboard. I am *HOPING* that we'll get it back sometime soon, but at this point, I don't really know.

When my main computer is up and running again, I'll try to get the photos posted just as soon as I can.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Re: Re: Ongoing Computer Problems

Actually, we have 4 other computers(I also have access to my work computer) but the programs I use for editing photos and uploading them to our permanent server are currently ONLY on the computer with the motherboard problem. When we get it back, I'll need to transfer these files to a couple of our other computers, so I don't have this problem again in the future....

Re: Re: Re: Ongoing Computer Problems

Joanie,

would another fund raiser be appropriate to help you pay for your computer repair?

Hal

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ongoing Computer Problems

Hal ~ thanks for the kind gesture, but money isn't the problem or issue. We're just waiting for the replacement motherboard to be shipped back from the supplier. Once that is done, we need to wait for the repair place to install it....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ongoing Computer Problems

Dear Joanie,

This forum seems to be working just fine. I happen to love Gus' photos on the masthead and if they were stuck up there permanently, I wouldn't change a thing except I would mask out the fiddle, and clone-in the rest of the accordions. I would also give the dusty RubberMate tub they are sitting on a good scrubbing and make it look like a lacy tablecloth. I'm into lace. The black tubular pipe in the background is something I would also airbrush out. I've been staring at that for weeks and have not discerned whether or not it is, in fact, a pipe or some kind of corner-round moulding. Must be a European thing? The tile on the wall is kinda cool, though. Perhaps the reason you haven't posted any other photos is because the ones you have received aren't as cool as Gus'. I can believe this, Joanie. You no longer have to make excuses.

Aside from all that, and regarding the forum functionality, we need more emoticons instead of the old-school-looking ones we have to choose from, i.e., . Let's get some animation working here. Also, the drab beige background of this site produces a yellowish glow on my face and clothing that I can no longer hide from my boss. A plain white background would allow me to post during business hours. Some animated rollovers on the Cancel, Preview Message, and Post Message buttons would be pretty sweet, too. I don't think they need the triangular UI devices [<< and >>] -- they really aren't necessary.

Let's go ahead and get that computer updated. I know I speak for every single Brave out there regarding all this. I appreciate all you do, Joanie, and you tell 'em you heard it here first on roller derby.

Seriously. Thanks!

~R!CK

RubberMate tub

@3*6&%€€$&&%!!!!!! Rick,
RubberMate tub = cast iron. That's the top of the stove, standing in the fireplace.
Tu as prerdu tes lunelles?

At the Back home of the Lemonhead stove there is this Old field Tubular bell going Dire strait through the Fidlin' roof.

Unfortunately I ran Out of the tiles, otherwize I could Zepp the linen.
Maybe you prefer some Velvet ground underneath?

OKAY, I'll make another pic when I come back from my holidays. Without a fiddle and accordions mirrored.

By the way, thanks you like some parts of the pic

Gus

...this is a riot!!....thanks, guys...

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!