Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Latest PLBs CD Blues de Musicien

I just got back from a two day trip during which I got to listen to the new Pine Leaf Boy's release Blues de Musicien a few times on the road.

Excellent CD to add to your collection! Two great tunes that attract my attention in particular: "Musicien avec un coeur cassé" & "Zydeco Gris Gris". "Ma petite femme is quite something too". Any thoughts? What's your favorite?

Re: Latest PLBs CD Blues de Musicien

It is a great CD. My favorites are "Musician avec un couer casse and when Drew does "The wild side of life"

Re: Re: Latest PLBs CD Blues de Musicien

If you like that CD.. you'll love Cedric's solo CD and the one he did with Cory Ledet..

PLB rock !

G.

Re: Latest PLBs CD Blues de Musicien

Its real good I got mine off of itunes, I like La Musique 2005 even better. I lean a little more towards the traditional sound. Bruce

Re: Re: Latest PLBs CD Blues de Musicien

I actually like them equally even though I tend to listen to La Musique more because of La Branch du Murier et Les Barres de la Prison, but my favorite off of Blues de Musicien is by far Chere Joues Roses. It's gotta be the most beautiful waltz on either of the two CDs.

Re: Re: Re: Latest PLBs CD Blues de Musicien

You have excellent taste in waltzes. Have you heard Austin Pitre's and Joel Sonnier's versions of Chere Joue Rose? And Dewey Balfa's Les Barres De La Prison from the Les Sacalaits Sont Pas Salé tape? Awesome.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Latest PLBs CD Blues de Musicien

No I can't say that I have. I have heard Dewey play it in the film Blues de Balfa, mais c'est pas toute la chanson!!

Another one of my favorite waltzes is, and this is probably my favorite of all, Valse a Duralde a joué par Les Amis Créole. Cedric is a fantastic musician....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Latest PLBs CD Blues de Musicien

Is that a good email in your header?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Latest PLBs CD Blues de Musicien

Yes, just don't forget the period inbetween the two words.

Wild Side Of Life by PLB

Does anyone know the lyrics to this song?

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!