Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Joel Guzman plays a hot box

Funny that you should mention Joel Guzman. Back in late June, He played at the Smithsonian Folk Festival as did Ed Poullard. They had these discussion presentations; and for one of them this lady interviewed Joel, Ed, and one othe person whose name I can't remember - he was also from San Antonio. Anyway, the interviewer asked them to play a tune together. Now if Ed had wanted to, he could have totally overpowered them with Lawrence Ardoin's diatonic accordion; but of course he did not. But it was real neat to hear this "accordion trio" playing together - one of the things you will not forget.

Jack Bond

Re: Re: Joel Guzman plays a hot box

Jack,

Now Mr. Poullard and Ardoin play different style of accordions and music then Mr. Guzman and that's where any other comparisons ends.

Re: Re: Re: Joel Guzman plays a hot box

Ed , ( who is one of the braves here ).. plays triple row as well .. and Joel plays most anything ( diatonic, chromatic, keyboard.. he studied jazz comp in college )..Joel also does asides into blues, cajun, bluegrass and Irish music in his repertoire.. he makes it all look very very easy.. but is the product of being a musical prodigy and 40 yrs of playing/recording in public..

I am sure they have a few songs in common somewhere.. : )

Re: Re: Joel Guzman plays a hot box

My friend Charles Thibodeaux also played the Smithsonian and some other friends Marlon McAllister and Beth Coffey did Cajun dance demostrations. Austin has a big music presence.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!