Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: bass side spring

Nicole:
I'm fairly certain that the springs Greg uses on his Mouton accordions are a different length than Larry uses on his Bon accordions.

Perhaps others on the board that also have a Mouton can attest to this as well.

John

Re: Re: Re: bass side spring

If you just ask Larry, or Jr. Martin, they will be happy to send you a replacement spring for a nominal fee. It should arrive quickly because it is flat and can go in an ordinary letter envelope.

The springs I got from Jr. were not cut, so I could cut them to the exact size needed.

BTW, Jr. does not use safety pins. The last I heard, he bends and tempers his own springs.

Regards,
DP

Re: Re: Re: Re: bass side spring

Thanks all

The safety pin is a cool alternative and I'll look through my sewing stuff if I have any of the right size.
Yet I'll also email Greg Mouton, if he wants to send a couple they could come in handy.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bass side spring

If you know of a piano repairman or store that does piano repairs go there with your old spring and ask for a piece of piano wire of the same gauge. I used piano wire purchased from Schaff piano supply for making my bass springs.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bass side spring

I'm sure Greg will send you one ASAP. You should probably get one from him so it matches the tension of the other. They're pretty easy to put back in. Just gotta fit the ends in the tiny holes

Jim

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!