Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Newbies and Lurkers...Get on the map

Ehren
Columbia
Missouri/USA

Justin
Austin, TX

(for the duration of the school year)

Re: Re: Re: Newbies and Lurkers...Get on the map

Justin, where do you normally live?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Newbies and Lurkers...Get on the map

To be honest I'd prefer not to say since this is the internet, but I'm from around Houston.

Re: Newbies and Lurkers...Get on the map

Kurt Magnuson
Seattle Washington

Tyler
Wichita, KS

ok, it's out in the open, i'm a lurker! I really enjoy reading the posts, and sometimes I even know who is writing!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Newbies and Lurkers...Get on the map

Shame on you, Miss K!!

Ah ha! {insert 'ah ha' emoticon here}

They are coming out of the woodwork. Nice to hear from you.

It took a few emoticon sacrifices, but I'm very pleased to see all these new folks post and say howdy! That's really cool -- glad to know y'all!

R!CK

I think you gave up too quick, I felt like there were a few more ready to jump in. And I was enjoying the massacre, is that wrong?

what, no one's looking anymore? I can come out now? (hi Michelle, I didn't see you behind all that woodwork...)

Betsy

You too, Betsy! Shame on you. Please send a big hello to Charlie and Lynn, though I think Lynn is lurking, as well.

Re: Newbies and Lurkers????...Get on the map

What's a lurker ???
In Dutch a lurker is somebody who's drinking.
Lurken is another word for to drink.

Re: Re: Newbies and Lurkers????...Get on the map

Yes.. in Dutch, I am a notorious Lurker.
But in English/American, it's somebody who´s always hanging around, without contributing anything...am I right?

Re: Re: Re: Newbies and Lurkers????...Get on the map

Thanks Peer for the explanation.
And cheers.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Newbies and Lurkers????...Get on the map

I personally like the Dutch explanation. Since it's Friday, I'm gonna be a lurking lurked-up lurker tonight. Mi cyant wait fi de 5 o'clock bell, bwoy.

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Newbies and Lurkers????...Get on the map

Hi Rick, especially, as a no longer Flying Dutchman, (too old) I can assures you: If you visit your local beer parlor, the Duchies way of lurking is done while holding your mouth right under the tap, scout's honor! Skip the glasses, cans and all other in between containers at all costs ... Noughty

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I personally like the Dutch explanation. Since it's Friday, I'm gonna be a lurking lurked-up lurker tonight. Mi cyant wait fi de 5 o'clock bell, bwoy.

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Newbies and Lurkers????...Get on the map

I tried that trick last weekend and the bartender broke a bottle of rum over my head. At least that's what they told me... something about rum and beer, never fear. They were very, very wrong. Gotta love the Dutch, though! I think I'll go buy one of those Heineken mini-kegs tonight and try it in the safety of my home.

Pass de dutchie pon de lef han side...

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Newbies and Lurkers????...Get on the map

AUUUUUUUUUU! (= ouuuuuuuuuuch) please don't take that greenish export H brand stuff serious; tastes in the ratings here nearly as horses **** (see below). a great many better brands are sold here, but Heinzio's marketing efforts killed them nearly almost all. had a friend working in this H large factory about 25 years ago. very modern factory then already, they fired all mankind and operated the night shift by force of three humans, pouring the stuff out of them machines by the 100 barrels a minute. on top of that they used water from a nearby lake where a lot of eel lives, and **** in it too, as do the fishermen who fish for unsmoked eel. (eel eats corpses they say). Fi go for the Grolsch brand, you can use the red rubber stop rings as guitar strap-locks, a real musician's drink. or go for Belgian, even better. nt

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I tried that trick last weekend and the bartender broke a bottle of rum over my head. At least that's what they told me... something about rum and beer, never fear. They were very, very wrong. Gotta love the Dutch, though! I think I'll go buy one of those Heineken mini-kegs tonight and try it in the safety of my home.

Pass de dutchie pon de lef han side...

R!CK

Iowa City, IA

Miklos,
Sulysap, Hungary

Hi Miklos!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!