Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Acadian Metal Corners

I know the best way to answer this question is to call up Marc or Tina directly but I'd prefer not to have to deal with him telling me he can't just sell me the metal corners.

Does anyone know who he buys them from? I'm looking for the exact same type of metal corners he uses because I have a mid 80's Acadian that is in pretty decent shape but the metal fixings are pretty well-worn. I thought about switching to the ones all of the other builders use but Marc's are actually made out of a better material (doesn't have that cheap painted on brass look).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

Re: Acadian Metal Corners

Any color you want, John Elton Doucet in Church Pointe. I don't have the number, but a Yahoo people search will get him.

Re: Acadian Metal Corners

Well, I'm not sure that the material that Marc uses, is all that different than anyone else, but, to answer your question directly: Marc doesn't "buy" the corner trim , he ( as well as Elton Doucet and Graig Mouton) owns the punch machine that makes this trim.
Marc makes his own. I don't know that he sells them.
Elton and Graig, on the other had, will sell to anyone in need.
I will offer some advice: this corner does NOT come bent in the 90 deg angle. They come flat. You must bens them yourself, and, some of the nail holes will NOT line up with the existing holes once you remove the old trim. Be prepared to deal with that, should you deside to do this replacement yourself.
I'm not trying to scare you off, just giving you a "heads up".
I hope that gives you direction to go.
Jude

Re: Re: Acadian Metal Corners

I used to buy my corners from Marc so go ahead and give him a call. Hell, if he says no what is lost?

I have also used those from John Doucet and while they have a slight different design they are good. But, as Jude says, you will have to drill the nail holes and bend them yourself.

Brass vs Anodized aluminum

John,
You may be referring to the difference between the brass corners and the aluminum (gold colored) corners.

I worked on an 80's Acadian the other day and I can attest to the fact that the corners were brass, not aluminum.

As far as I know, now-a-days, everyone uses aluminum corners (even Marc) unless you order brass as a special item.

Regards,
DP

Re: Brass vs Anodized aluminum

Actually I was refering to the difference between the corners sold by John Ducet and Larry Miller compared to those sold by Marc. The diffences are only slight but it would show if you mixed them. All make good corners however. I used mostly corners from Marc.

Re: Re: Brass vs Anodized aluminum

Ha-Ha, serves me right for not saying which John!
(I meant John D, the one that started the thread.)

DP

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!