Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The late great Cajun Accordion Discussion Page...

Ten years ago, I started the grandfather of this Site -- The Cajun Accordion Discussion Page. It was a lot of fun, although this place is 100 times better thanks to Joanie. The "Page" was much more anarchic though and it served its purpose, which was to begin a worldwide place to discuss the Cajun accordion.

I closed my shop for the same reason as I think Joanie bailed -- a few doofus's who just didn't know when to quit. In my case it was some a$$hole named Ragin' Cajun.

Once again there are a few here who just want to ruin everything with their own slant on the world and etc. Go ahead, ruin it for the rest of us, but all you prove is that you are a bunch of idiots.

Oh yeah, I sent the jerk below a private e-mail as to what I though of him once agin igniting the political divide here. I'm not ashamed, and I have no problem saying it to his face. After losing the CADP to the same sort of baloney, I have nothing but contempt for that sort of pizzle...

Re: The late great Cajun Accordion Discussion Page...

Since the post of Oui, on peut there have been 2 other postings about politics on this page. You Sir are gutless to brag about your e-mail to me because I have posted my phone # a few times on this site. Did you ever think that it might be your own issues that cause such grief.

Le Piquant

Re: Re: The late great Cajun Accordion Discussion Page...

You sir are truly dumber than a bag of hammers...

Re: Re: Re: The late great Cajun Accordion Discussion Page...

Hey doper,and I am not referring to the stuff you get on your government sponsored drug rehabilitation program to get you through your so called depression. I am really not sure what you are so upset about, like I said about Hillary when she was crying about how the media was against her, if you can't stand the heat get back in the kitchen. Free speech only refers to all the people on the left, if you are on the right they think you should get permission first. It was said that when Right argues with wrong, right loses a little each time. I have given you an opportunity to vent, now go do your dope.

Le Piquant

Come on guys - Please!

It's time to move on, or Big Nick will have to intervene....

Re: The late great Cajun Accordion Discussion Page...

Quote by Tom Quinn:

I closed my shop for the same reason as I think Joanie bailed -- a few doofus's who just didn't know when to quit. In my case it was some a$$hole named Ragin' Cajun.

Tommy ~ for what it's worth, I didn't "bail" because of comments and/or problems with the people posting here. I just have other interests that are demanding so much of my time that I didn't feel that I was doing an adequate job being the host of this site.

Re: Re: The late great Cajun Accordion Discussion Page...

We are all gonna miss you... you are the best! Come visit Sacto sometime...

Tq

Thanks Tommy

Thanks for the kudos Tommy ~ I still check in here every day...just didn't want to deal with having to read each and every post and keep up with changing the header photos. I just felt that I wasn't doing an adequate job.

Mike and I go away frequently and most of the time we don't drag a laptop along with us, so when there were forum issues or problems while we were away, I'd have no way of dealing with them. We're going to Europe for 3 weeks starting on November 15th, so that sort of prompted me to decide to withdraw now from managing the board.

Since my mom died in 2003, I don't have any reason to visit Sacramento any longer as I don't have anybody there. Mike and I WILL be going through Sacramento on the California Zephyr in September 2009 on our way to San Francisco from Chicago. We'll spend a couple of days there and then take a week long leisurely drive down Highway 1 to Los Angeles. Really looking forward to that trip!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!