Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The late great Cajun Accordion Discussion Page...

Quote by Tom Quinn:

I closed my shop for the same reason as I think Joanie bailed -- a few doofus's who just didn't know when to quit. In my case it was some a$$hole named Ragin' Cajun.

Tommy ~ for what it's worth, I didn't "bail" because of comments and/or problems with the people posting here. I just have other interests that are demanding so much of my time that I didn't feel that I was doing an adequate job being the host of this site.

Re: Re: The late great Cajun Accordion Discussion Page...

We are all gonna miss you... you are the best! Come visit Sacto sometime...

Tq

Thanks Tommy

Thanks for the kudos Tommy ~ I still check in here every day...just didn't want to deal with having to read each and every post and keep up with changing the header photos. I just felt that I wasn't doing an adequate job.

Mike and I go away frequently and most of the time we don't drag a laptop along with us, so when there were forum issues or problems while we were away, I'd have no way of dealing with them. We're going to Europe for 3 weeks starting on November 15th, so that sort of prompted me to decide to withdraw now from managing the board.

Since my mom died in 2003, I don't have any reason to visit Sacramento any longer as I don't have anybody there. Mike and I WILL be going through Sacramento on the California Zephyr in September 2009 on our way to San Francisco from Chicago. We'll spend a couple of days there and then take a week long leisurely drive down Highway 1 to Los Angeles. Really looking forward to that trip!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!