Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I wanna play some tunes!!!!

Is anyone in the Slidell, Northshore area up for getting together and playing some tunes? Or is there anywhere in that area where that already happens?

Re: I wanna play some tunes!!!!

There really aren't too many Cajun box/fiddle/guitar players in the New Orleans area. Once a month a group of people get together at the Audubon Zoo for a jam on Sundays. I believe a few of the participators also read this discussion board and might be able to give better information than I can.

John

Re: Re: I wanna play some tunes!!!!

I know the guys and gals that play at the zoo if you want more info e-mail me and I'll get it to you. I live in Thibodaux and my wife and I play at home everyday. If you would want to drive here on a week end maybe we can do a jam at my house. I also know of other musicians in Mandeville area.

Le Piquant

Re: Re: Re: I wanna play some tunes!!!!

There's a old-time music jam that play a few Cajun tunes. Send me contact information and I'll get in touch. Janet

Re: I wanna play some tunes!!!!

Email me and we'll see if we can pull a jam together...so to speak. There is interest in the area.

Re: Re: I wanna play some tunes!!!!

my email is cowboyjb73@hotmail.com

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!