Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Les Ranges de Soybean

I cannot find out anything about Les Ranges de Soybean, But on the Jambalaya CD "Lessons Learned," is the song Fais Do Do Bebe. And on a cassette by the Breaux Bridge Playboys is a song titled "Fais Do Do Be'Be'. I may have the Jambalaya CD, but will check later. I do not have the Breaux Bridge Playboys cassette.

Jack Bond

Re: Re: Re: Re: Les Ranges de Soybean

Here, Jerry, at link 1. That's the version by Shirley Bergeron on lp Lanor 1000, The Sounds of Cajun Music. He DOES sing les rangs soybean in one verse and les rangs coton in another.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Les Ranges de Soybean

Neal,

Thanks, that is the song I've been looking for. I remember from years past and I have Lessons Learned as well as the Breaux Bridge Playboys cassette but this is the version I wanted. Now I can learn it.

Le Piquant

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Les Ranges de Soybean

Hey Jerry, the Jambalaya song Jack referred to is the same song.

Bryan Lafleur

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Les Ranges de Soybean

I found several versions so last night I was able to learn the song. Well the "A" part anyway. Now I'll give the turn a chance to find it's way out of my accordion.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Les Ranges de Soybean

I had never heard that song. I like it, thanks Neal.

Christian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Les Ranges de Soybean

Same here, even though I had the Jamabalay version. I really like Shirley's version. Neal, what recording did that come off of?

Shirley Bergeron recordings

Ace records in England once had a lease to put out a CD of Alphée and Shirley Bergeron music, called French Rocking Boogie, but this particular song --- Fais Do Do --- was not on it. I don't know that it appeared anywhere other than a Lanor 45 that would be hard to find and a Lanor lp called The Sounds of Cajun Music, lp 1000. Lanor recorded another lp of their music, called Cajun Style Music (Lanor lp 1001), and I think the two of them are some of the finest Cajun music recordings ever made. Alphée and Shirley recorded even before that for Goldband Records, just some singles. But the accordion and steel guitar playing on Goldband are even better, in my opinion, if you can believe it!

If you can't find them, let me know and I will make you a copy.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!