Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Who dat?

HYoward Noel is playing the drums. I'm pretty sure that Bradley Venable is playing accordion.

Back in October, I saw them at Randol's. I was impressed by the guy playing accordion. Except for playing with Howard Noel, he doesn't play with any other bands. Bradley's father is Jimmy Venable. That's all I know about, but I liked his playing, too.

Jack Bond

Bond, Mr.J. Bond is correct!

I dont know his name but I see him at Randols a lot and he is a good young player and as you can tell by the crawfish on the bellows he is playing the best accordion ever made a MARTIN

Re: Re: Who dat? Oh, just a Hohner GOLA, that's who...

The best accordion ever made is the HOHNER GOLA which is available in piano, button chromatic, and button diatonic versions.

They take about 2 years to build and cost between $25K and $50K depending on the model.

Each bellow fold is reinforced with a canvas made of Egyptian cotton and has a reproduction of the infamous painting, "The Death of General Wolfe" by the American artsit Benjamin West, handpainted on the bellows.

All hardware is hand-forged from British steel and plated in 22 karat Klondike gold.

These accordions are so beautiful, you can literally eat them as many of the working parts are manufactured out of lobster -- unlike the fakey, cartoonish crawfish on the Martin bellows.

The sound of these Gola boxes have been tuned by Sirens. Yes those Greek Sirens from the tiny island of Anthemusa. Once you hear these boxes play, you cannot resist them.

So there.

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Who dat? Oh, just a Hohner GOLA, that's who...

Rick this _/ buds for you I dont like lobster and as far as a cartoon crawfish it can be seen by the audience and they know what is being played

Re: Re: Re: Who dat? Oh, just a Hohner GOLA, that's who...

Man, give me what ever he's been smoking.

Re: Re: Who dat?

Well, Martin or not, it seems a very leaky one at times when he's not even pressing a melody note he's really grasping for air ..... Nout

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I dont know his name but I see him at Randols a lot and he is a good young player and as you can tell by the crawfish on the bellows he is playing the best accordion ever made a MARTIN

Rick, you are a NUT! I never met a guy who needed drugs less than you. I can hardly wait to see you in Dallas and get a contact high.

Bryan LaFleur, too!

And BTW, the Hohner GOLA *is* great, but it melts at room temperature.

Re: Re: Who dat?

I admit, I'm a nut who is completely sober (at the moment) and I love my MARTIN! Even though I prefer my Falcons.

R!CK

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!