Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: To Davids Sousa and #3

Justin,

Yuor favorite vocalists are good choices are good. Not to take anything from them, but have you ever heard Vorance Barzas, Coz Fontenot, Rpbert Bertrand, Jesse Lege, Lawrence Ardoin, Robert LeBlanc, and Carl Fontenot?

Some of them may be hard to find, but they are well worth the search.

Jack Bond

Re: Re: Re: Re: To Davids Sousa and #3

Has nobody noticed that Jamey Bearb totally drops the ball on the lyrics of I think every song he sings on Jimmy's album. HIs tone is out of this world, but we tried to listen to it in the van on tour and we just couldn't get past the fact that he was just making up sounds that sounded like words but weren't anything that made any sense. A little of this I can understand, but every song? His father had that same tone and actually sang real words. I love Jamey's playing and the tone of his voice, but come on man how hard is it to learn the language?

I've heard Jesse Legé, and have heard of Coz Fontenot, but never listened to any of the others.

Re: Re: To Davids Sousa and #3

David if your talking about Un T'Peu Cajun I believe they have some at Vermillionville. I have all his CD's and I'll ask him about making a copy. Next time I am in Lafayette I'll check for you.
Le Piquant

I agree I have burned out on people doing the music as if the language and the words are not important. It is! The accordion has done a lot to keep the language alive don't let it be the instrument that kills it.
Le Piquant

Jamey's vocals:

Enjoy!
WF

Hey Le Piquant,

I was at Vermillionville over Xmas and didn't see any, but I've been caught looking right at something I'm looking for and not seeing it many times, especially by my wife! She, on the other hand, can go straight to obscure items she hasn't seen in years.

If you do see them somewhere, please let me know, and I'll see if I can get a friend to pick one up for me.

Thanks, Jamey Hall

Re: Beausoleil on No Depression

Me, I like 'em, yeah.

peace

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!