Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new files coming up on YouTube

I need help identifying these songs. One's a two step, one's a waltz. One uploaded, but it's still being processed. The other one should be up in an hour or so.

Re: new files coming up on YouTube

Where are the songs you need help with? I'll check them out.
Le Piquant

Re: Re: new files coming up on YouTube

On youtube. See link 3. Part of it sounds like "Back of Town", I think. Someone says the name right at the beginning, but I can't make it out.

Re: Re: Re: new files coming up on YouTube

Bayou Noir, that what he's saying and playing.
Le Piquant

Re: Re: Re: Re: new files coming up on YouTube

Merci mon ami.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new files coming up on YouTube

see link 3 for the waltz. It's up, but still processing, so maybe wait 15 minutes or so.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new files coming up on YouTube

never mind. I took that one down. The agreement I made was not to upload anything danny had recorded. Song was Pleure Pas Mes Cheres Tee Yeux Bleus

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new files coming up on YouTube

The last batch of 10 songs from the Danny Tapes is going up now. Will probably take half a day or so.

There's one towards the end that might be Danse de la Misere, but not sure. Could someone verify that for me? And my French grammar. It will be the second to last one to go up.

Ok folks, I'm starting to run out of stuff. I do have a bunch of Geno songs, filmed at a live performance, focusing on the accordion. I'm leery about putting that up since I don't know anyone to call or email to get permissions. I see several live Geno performances up on YouTube, so maybe it's not an issue.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new files coming up on YouTube

Thanks for the videos Dwight. Enjoying them.

I may be splitting hairs here, and may just be plain wrong, but the Allons A Lafayette video is played in the first position (C), which I think makes it the Lafayette Two Step, not that it matters a whole lot. Anyone confirm or deny this?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new files coming up on YouTube

Yes, someone let me know. I didn't know about the two versions and names of the song. I'll rename it if need be.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new files coming up on YouTube

Interesting, Bryan! I know about the two versions of the song, but never quite put it together that they correspond to the different names.

Re: Re: Re: new files coming up on YouTube

Very cool!

It's Bayou Noir, which modulates into Back o' Town Two Step. Both Octa Clark tunes, though I think Steve Riley may have been the first person to record the combination version.

Danny's characteristic way of starting out simply, then adding layers.

That really brings back memories of the 4 years I spent in Danny's garage jam sessions...

Re: Re: Re: Re: new files coming up on YouTube

Thanks Blair. That makes sense. I'll rename it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new files coming up on YouTube

You are welcome. It was great, though a little sad, to watch it. I play Bayou Noir, but have never managed a "fit for public consumption" version of Back 'O' Town, so maybe this will spur me on. Mark Marcin does it really well.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new files coming up on YouTube

Wow, thanks for this! Great stuff!

Ehren

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!