Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Made in France

very cool mr. rick......very cool!!!!

roger

It was mostly a bio of T-Richard, about what he did before he came to the Zydeco Stingrays. Then the last paragraph basically says that Rick's cd is really cool.

Congrats Rick!!

Re: Made in France

Very cool. Gotta tell you, though, I'm not surprised you're pedaling your CD for a Tour De France! Go for it - and bring home the yellow.
You going to be in La any time for Mardi Gras?
-Steve

Thanks for the kudos, I typically don't toot my band horn too loudly on this board, but the fact that the article was all in French was kinda cool.

Louisiana for Mardi Gras? Man, that would be a blast, but DFW has me busy plugging in the accordions. Mardi Gras is prime time for us outsider zydeco bands and if we weren't gigging I'd be totally ashamed. Luckily we've got all the gigs we want to do and lord knows I'll be glad to see Ash Wednesday!

All good up in this hood,

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Made in France

Congrats, Rick. well deserved attention. Sounds great in the clip. Also snuck a few peeks at CD baby. Really catchy stuff!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Made in France

Awesome Rick. You must be doing something right spreading the word down in the Big D 'cause our drummer got some fanmail via our website from some Dallas girls that will be in NYC for Mardi Gras and are coming to our show that night to see him!!!! It's all good.

Loved the video of the band. Great sound and vibe.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Made in France

Hey Johnny, thanks man. That video is already a couple of years old and we seriously need to put a better video together -- something more up to date. Sounds like the Dallas ladies really prefer your drummer over mine! lol, that's pretty cool...

And Chris, your video posts are really helping me learn more about playing the Cajun-style. Since I've got (and have had) extremely limited resources to watch, listen, and learn from other players here in this part of Texas, the posts you've created along with those from Dwight, Rusty, and Brett have already had an impact on my playing. Everything I've learned up to now, I've had to teach myself -- and I suppose even with your videos, I'm somewhat limited to what my ears can distill to my hands since I can't really ask questions that receive an immediate response. But I can tell you that these videos are truly the best thing I've had happen to me as an accordion player living in Dallas.

My band is going back into the studio to start recording our second CD in April. I believe the accordion playing will be much better thanks to what I've learned because of this forum!

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Made in France

Congrats mon ami. Bet ya'll gonna be busy next weekend. Gotta look at getting together again(why is that so hard?). Not often I get to be in the presence of celebrities.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Made in France

I agree it is a great write-up and well deserved attention for someone doing there thing!

Good Luck.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!