Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Pee Wee Broussard

Well, he was still alive in September 1997. At Festivals Acadiens that year, Ann Savoy hosted a panel with several of the "older" Cajun musicians. One of them was Pee Wee Broussard; another was Chuck Guillory. I'm not sure about the others, but I think one of them was Carlton Frank. Unfortunately, I remember more about the event than I do about the individuals who were members of the panel; but it was quite impressive. it would be nice to hear it again - I wonder if Ann Savoy or someone else recorded it.

I do know of several recordings by Pee Wee Broussard:
Six on Flyright 610 - Acadien Two-Step; three on La Louisianne-110 - Cajun Music at Home; one on CFMA LP-02; and one on Disky DCD 148, Volume 4 - Cajun Collection.

That's not much information, but maybe a start. These guys should not be forgotten!

Jack Bond

Re: Pee Wee Broussard

Thanks for FYI Mr. Bond. Yes, I know a buddy of mine played with him the accordion around '96 or '97. Peewee played the fiddle on that gig. I know who I could ask. I'll try to locate her.

Re: Re: Pee Wee Broussard also played fiddle

...and he did not use his left hand middle finger when he played the fiddle...It was always sticking straight up! Made for an interested visual presentation! He only used his index, ring and pinky fingers on his left hand!

Re: Pee Wee Broussard

Yes, but PeeWee was a lil firecracker too.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!