Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: We've lost another great one.

i had the pleasure of sitting in with ed gary a few years ago and was struck by the gentle and heartfelt presence of cliff. i got him to sing la valse de grand prairie, one of my favorites, a song he wrote. he sang with such emotion......i am glad to have had the chance to play with him.

roger

Re: Re: Re: Re: We've lost another great one.

I've known Cliff for a long time. His mom Waverly married my uncle Herbert Mire from Mermentau. They latter divorced after she realized just what kind of sob he was. Cliff was just like his mom, always a big smile and always glad to see you and it was always good to see them.
Le Piquant

Re: Re: Re: We've lost another great one.

Thanks Randy,
On the picture of Cajun Corner I'm holding my "Cajun" from John Roger (in A). The 3 other Cajun boxes are from Larry Miller (in C), Andre Michot (in D) and Junior Martin (in E).
They're all so different but I love them all so much!
The only thing I'm missing is one with headphones or a very silent one, on which I could practise while the baby's sleeping...

Re: We've lost another great one.

Cliff has to be remembered as a great drummer and a fantastic singer. He probably sang with more

Re: We've lost another great one.

Who could forget that drumming on those Joe Bonsall records, when he is wailing on that ride cymbal on Jai ete au bal. Great stuff. I just watched him on VHS too when he was playing with Phil Menard. It was something, I taped myself dating back to 1990. Cool stuff with Ivy on Steel Guitar.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!