Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Opening for Beausoleil tomorrow.

that's way cool, david
good luck and knock their socks off.

roger

Re: Opening for Beausoleil tomorrow.

Good for you! Very exciting--congratulations!

Blair

Re: Re: Opening for Beausoleil tomorrow.

Have someone get some video for the youtube!

Re: Re: Re: Opening for Beausoleil tomorrow.

I, too, like many others here, have opened up for Beausoleil. I think for me, it was at a point in my life where so many things just weren't right. So I looked deep into the mirror and discovered more about myself through Beausoleil than I could have ever imagined. Now when I get a chance to catch them live, I look for those special moments to shake their hands and tell them how much they mean to me. I'm not sure they could ever understand, but at least I don't bottle-up my feelings about them anymore.

Good luck David! Remember to just be honest with yourself!

R!CK

Huh? Lucy, could you please esplain? p.s., The gig was fun.

Hi Rick,

You kinda lost me there. Could you enlighten me? What exactly is it that I should be honest with myself about?

Thanks,
David

p.s., The gig went well - we rocked the place.

I had a nice chat with Jimmie, and I got an autographed version of his new CD.

I also talked with Mitch Reed for a while. I had not met him in person before, but I have CDs of the various groups he has been involved with (Charivari, etc.). I didn't know he was playing bass with Beausoleil lately. He had a nice electric standup. He also played a couple fiddle duets with Mike at the beginning of the show - *very* nice!

Re: Huh? Lucy, could you please esplain? p.s., The gig was fun.

Congrats on the gig and glad it went great! "Opening" up... kinda like opening up on a psychiatrist's sofa... opening... for Beausoleil... opening your feelings for... aw sh*t nevermind. It was funny at the time. Well, it was to me anyway but I often drink adult beverages when I report from the field late in the evening.

I doubt Lucy would've got it. It was obscure, but what can I say... other than YOU ROCK, DAVID! And congrats again for kickin' it Louisiana-style mon ami!

There,

R!CK

PS: I still open up for Beausoleil because I like to channel Jimmy's energy. He's so talented, it's scary.

mitch reed is a hell of a fiddler

mitch reed is a hell of a fiddler
as well as a nice guy
wicked sense of humor too
those 'charivari' records are really high energy, great stuff

wle.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!