Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reduction in posting

Is it just me, or is there a profound reduction in the number of posts

My opinion is that some changes are not progress.

Re: Reduction in posting

Yes there has been a reduction on this site and think it is because of the changes. People are always making a better mouse trap and all we end up with is more mice.
Le Piquant

" we end up with more mice "

RATS !

I think you're right.

I still check the board a couple times a day. I've noticed the slowdown, too. I think the reduction in posting is directly related to the soured economy. I think a lot of people, such as myself, are waiting for the word from Obama to begin posting again. We should hear from him soon, so exercise patience.

Also, because of the new user-interface change, posting is slower. So a lot of posts made over the past couple of weeks are just now showing up. I posted an article here on April 2nd, and I'm still waiting for it to show up. Again, have patients. I'm a doctor.

I'm out here, though -- just waiting for a topic that generally relates to current zydeco artists and tunes. Should I start one? I typically don't since there's not a lot of interest in that topic here.

I also sit and wait for a chance to spin a topic into a flame-throwing nightmare. I've been kicked off and out of 83 Cajun Accordion forums since 2005, mostly due to my use of excruciating profanity and suggesting tablature be posted for tunes in the key of Cb. And for some reason, this is the only board where the moderators allow me to continue posting. And guys like Randy4U and Nout dilute my erroneous posts, making me seem less offensive.

I think what we need is to get all the Braves together for a party -- a 6 kegger with a huge buffet of southern specialties and the Hooters girls to serve us. And for the lady Braves, we'll hire a couple of buff dudes wearing banana hammocks. It'll be fun, and a great opportunity to trash Big Nick's place.

That's all I got for now...

R!CK

So,

I know this isn't directly related to the board but I thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

Change is not always a bad thing. In a few instances "Change Is Beautiful" (see web link 1 above)

John

http://www.changeisbeautiful.net/

Rick speaking of Randy4U I had a lesson with Joel yesterday and told his grandpa to watch out for that LSU box thats coming for a mic job. I could carry that forward but unlike you being kicked off numerous sites I will just leave it there. He said in order for him to work on it you will have to redo the colors in Cajun Red and Black. I too have noticed the slowdown in posts but the site is not as bad as it was before BN fixed the alignment. Yes its still a little slow and I was not aware of the lag time in starting a thread and it not appearing, are you sure you have followed all the rules and aligned all your dots in a row? Anyway I forgot where I was going with this but count me in for ( O ) ( O )'s girls
always like a good wing served by good looking girls in very short tight red pants.

Jr. installed the mic in the LSU box last week. I hung out with Jr, Penny, and Royce. The mic makes that box sound #@%#$ phatter than a #%$*@ing train! Got to hear some recording of Joel's 3-row stuff -- man that guy is a genius!

~R!~

**** Rick I wanted to meet up with you. Joel must have been sleeping when you were there he didnt say anything about it being done. I told him you were coming to mic it and he said Chubby has one I said you got yours first,but Joel didnt say you were already in. Oh well I got to meet Blair last nite at Barnes and Nobel so I guess that makes me one up on you boy. Will have to wait another day to shake your hand
ps just between us Joel is coming out with a new CD soooooon. All Zydeco and blues stuff most of his own recording be on the look out and yes that boy has talent he hasnt even discovered yet I hope to adopt him soon so I can retire a rich man owing a MARTIN the best in the world

Well, if I show up you won't need to hire any "buff dudes".
Le Piquant

Le Piquant in da house!

~R!~

shut up.

I've noticed that when posting to the threaded board (is there a choice any more?), it does not show the post under the person you're responding to.

Hey Rick! shut up.

Mmmgkay.

Okay.

Is it me or does this thread seem to be reaching toward infinity...lol?

shut up.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!