Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Band and Demo

sounds great ganey

roger

Hi Ganey,

Awesome man.
I also love the country songs.
Try to find a steelguitarist for it.
I have heard there are a lot steelers there in your country.

Yes, we do have plenty of steelers around here. We were trying to keep it limited to what we can actually reproduce on the bandstand in three or four piece arrangement.

Thanks for the kind words.

I understand what you mean.
I have a live CD from the Seldom Scene (bluegrass band) and the dobro player (Mike Auldridge) is also a fine steelplayer and in some songs they use it.
John Duffy said to Mike when he go to the pedal steel, "drugstore was open"

Ganey,

Contact Wally Perez or David Davenport at Link # 1 and see if they have any slots open in San Antonio for '10. Like to see you here again at the Hermann Sons Hall. I sure hated missing Chris Miller playing at the Luling Watermelon Thump this last Friday, but work came first.

A C&W song I have had good luck with on the accordion is an old number by Webb Pierce called "Wondering".
A nice waltz that lends itself to be 'Cajunized'.

Give me a hint on an easy (beginner)waltz progression for bass guitar in the key of C. A note tablature would be great, if you have the time; or just refer me to an easy teaching link, if you know of one.

If you see Danny Dyson, tell him hello from me.

JB

Congrats. Band sounds great. Gene

Ganey -

Keep it up, great sound.

Brett Thibodeaux

Good Stuff Ganey! Sounds great.
I'm more into the Cajun songs than in C&W, but I think it's a good idea to present a broader repertoire.

Ganey
The demo sounds just great!!!! I see your scheduled for the Liberty on July 18th going to try to get some of the people that belong to the dance troupe my wife and I belong to and meet up with you out there on the 18th. Would be fun to dance to a fellow brave member.

The Liberty Theater gig has been cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date. Possibly in August. The air conditioning units in the theater are on the fritz, and it isn't looking like they will be fixed anytime soon. Last weeks show, and the next two have been cancelled. We just agreed to wait and do a later show.

OK thanks for the heads up, if you would post when you have a date scheduled. I havent been to the Liberty in years.

It has been rescheduled for 08/01/09.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!